DevOps Lead Engineer, Crewe
Due to ongoing growth, Radius Payment Solutions, a leading global fleet management company, are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our IT team at our head office in Crewe.
This role will be support our growing, complex application infrastructure. We are adding to our application portfolio and scaling to meet ever increasing load from a growing customer base. You will report in to the Chief Architect and support the deployment, configuration, scaling and monitoring of our application portfolio.
Why choose Radius? What makes us different?
- Fast growing, global company with over 1200 employees across 13 countries.
- A UK Top Track 100 company.
- Innovative, technology driven culture.
- New global headquarters with onsite gym, restaurant, games facilities based in Crewe.
- Manchester City Centre Technology Hub.
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development, training and career progression.
- Secondment opportunities to work in our international offices.
What experience/skills/attributes do you need?
- A background in automating application deployment and configuration management
- Knowledge of Java ecosystem - how applications are deployed, configuration of servlet containers
- Strong Linux Sysadmin skills
- Basic programming/scripting experience Python / Bash
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Good knowledge of internet communication concepts and protocols - TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP
- Experience of deploying Continuous Integration solutions
- An awareness of security considerations in web application deployment
The desirable skills – any of the following would be advantageous:-
- Experience of the Cassandra Database or Postgres or Redshift
- Experience with provisioning tools - e.g Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible
- Knowledge of common web servers - Nginx, Apache
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate deployment, configuring hardening and domain registration
- Experience of running non-trivial applications on AWS
- Familiarity with Python application deployment - WSGI, PIP, VirtualEnv
- Experience with load testing and scaling applicationsTypical work activities include:
What will you be doing as a DevOps Engineer?
- Build automation
- Deployment Automation
- Test infrastructure deployment & scaling
- Application configuration
- Migrating applications to HA configurations
- Database deployment
- Load testing and capacity planning
- Application monitoring
- Incident investigation
What benefits do we offer?
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Life assurance.
- Annual Bonus.
- Flexible Working.
- Brand new office with onsite cafe and gym!
- Local and online discounts including corporate gym membership and discounted restaurants.
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with each year of service to a maximum of 25 days).
- Service Awards at 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work.
- Company sick pay.
If you would like further information regarding this role please contact Melanie Bose on 01270 507376.
Not sure if this role is right for you? Why not come along to our Careers Event being held at the Radius Campus on Thursday 28th February from 5:30pm.
You will have the opportunity to find out more information about Radius and the roles we are currently recruiting for.
For more information please contact the Careers Team on +441270 507376 or via email email@example.com