IT Business Analyst / Project Manager, West London
IT Business Analyst / Project Manager
Location - West London, Chiswick
Due to ongoing we are looking for an IT BA / PM to join our Mobile Telecommunications IT team at our office in West London.
What will you be doing as an IT Business Analyst?
- The identification and documentation of business and system requirements.
- Documenting “as is” and “to be” business processes.
- Project Managing the successful delivery of the BA projects.
- Converting business requirements into technical requirements.
- Assisting with technical and process design.
- Working with internal software developers to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Helping ensure appropriate test conditions are well defined and documented based upon requirements.
- Assistance with the creation of test plans and co-ordinating UAT.
- Assisting with the production of training material for new systems / processes where appropriate.
- Building effective working relationships with operational and technical teams.
- Analysis and interpretation of data to evaluate progress and project success.
- ISEB/BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Prince2 / APM Qualification
The essential skills/attributes are:
- It is essential that you offer demonstrable IT business analysis experience including knowledge of business analysis tools, methodologies, project management practice and best practice.
- You will have requirements analysis and specification skills with an ability to understand associated system and cost impacts.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements using specialist tools where required.
- Broad commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- High level of communication influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Competent Project Management and planning skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Knowledge of business process modelling using BPMN techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of using both waterfall and agile development processes and techniques.
- Development of functional requirements through the use of facilitated workshops with business SMEs.
- Significant experience in project lifecycle management including business analysis, requirement definition, functional specification, change control, risk management and implementation
- Ability to communicate project and programme status, deliveries, risks and issues, scope changes, milestone achievement, misses and implications to Stakeholders and senior management ensuring “no surprises” running and delivery of all projects
- Ability to manage interdependencies across a portfolio of projects involving both Technology and Business projects and project managers.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with members of the IT Team and the wider business.
- Technical aptitude and an ability to provide a communication “bridge” between the business and Technologists.
- Knowledge of the Mobile Telecoms Sector would be advantageous.
If your application is successful you will hear back from us within two weeks. Due to the high number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within two weeks then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
However, we will keep your details on file for 12 months and we may contact you if another vacancy comes up and we feel you would be a suitable candidate.