Java Developer, Manchester
Location - Manchester City Centre
As an industry leading payment solutions provider, we are seeking an experienced, motivated and focused Java Developer to join our growing IT team at our technology hub in Manchester.
IT analysis, development, projects and support are the key to everything we do to deliver success and innovation at Radius. Our IT team works using both agile and waterfall project methodologies and are constantly reviewing, adopting and using new technologies as well as assessing new approaches to solving the varied, complex and dynamic problems we face in our business.
Why choose Radius? What makes us different?
- Fast growing, global company with over 1200 employees across 13 countries.
- A UK Top Track 100 company.
- Innovative, technology driven culture.
- New global headquarters with onsite gym, restaurant, games facilities based in Crewe.
- Manchester City Centre Technology Hub.
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development, training and career progression.
- Secondment opportunities to work in our international offices.
What will you be doing as a Java Developer?
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering development, system improvements and application support.
- Designing and developing web services.
- Using best practice and working to coding standards.
- Interpreting software needs and developing concept and final solutions to meet their objectives.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items in line with the original estimate.
- Working independently or as part of a development team to fulfil the business needs and objectives.
- Presenting ideas and concepts to the Software Manager and the development team.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
What experience/skills/attributes do you need?
- Minimum of HND or Degree with appropriate experience in computing/software engineering or related discipline.
- Strong core Java skills.
- Experience in the development and design of web applications in a JEE environment.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, HTML.
- Exposure to database technologies, ideally Oracle.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels in the department.
- Experience developing SOAP/REST-based applications.
- Knowledge of unit testing using JUnit/TestNG and mocking frameworks.
- Experience using modern version control software (such as Mercurial or Git).
- Self-motivated and independent with the ability to “hit the ground running”.
- Ability to work across the full development lifecycle either individually or part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong analytical mind.
- Ability to prioritise workload and provide effective feedback on progress.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to improve techniques and implement appropriate new technologies.
What benefits do we offer?
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Life assurance.
- Annual Bonus.
- Flexible Working.
- Local and online discounts including corporate gym membership and discounted restaurants.
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with each year of service to a maximum of 25 days).
- Service Awards at 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work.
If your application is successful you will hear back from us within two weeks. Due to the high number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within two weeks then unfortunately your application has not been successful. However, we will keep your details on file for 12 months and we may contact you if another vacancy comes up and we feel you would be a suitable candidate.
If you require any further information, please contact the Radius Recruitment Team.