Oracle Apex Developer, Crewe
Due to ongoing growth, Radius Payment Solutions, a leading global fleet management company, are looking for an Oracle Apex Developer to join our IT team at our Head Office in Crewe.
What will you be doing as an Oracle Apex Developer?
As an industry leading payment solutions provider, we are seeking an experienced, motivated and focussed Oracle Apex Developer to join our growing development team. This role is involved in creating a greenfield application to form part of the ERP Enterprise Solution.
We currently have a team of over 10 Oracle developers divided between our Head Office in Crewe and our Technology Centre in Manchester City Centre. All our developers are passionate about delivering best practice applications and work closely together to achieve their goals.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years Oracle experience relating to Oracle APEX technology. You must also have experience using PL/SQL and ideally you will have some exposure to DBA activities such as creating tables and triggers.
Why choose Radius? What makes us different?
- Fast growing, global company with over 1300 employees across 13 countries.
- A UK Top Track 100 company.
- Innovative, technology driven culture.
- Brand new global headquarters in Crewe, complete with onsite gym and café.
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development, training and career progression.
- Oracle APEX (we are currently using APEX 18.2).
- Oracle database technologies.
- SQL, PL/SQL, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views.
- Knowledge of Subversion version control is desirable.
Typical work activities:
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering Application Support, Development and System Improvements.
- Designing and developing using Oracle APEX and PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Designing and developing integration between core on premise and cloud-based applications.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work and completing the releases to this deadline.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for applications developed providing ongoing application support if required.
- Positive attitude and a high degree of enthusiasm.
- Work equally well individually or part of a team.
- Work using development models – such as waterfall or agile.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and provide effective feedback.
- Keen to learn and develop personal skills.
- Degree or equivalent in Computing / Software Engineering or related discipline.
What benefits do we offer?
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Annual salary review and bonus scheme.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Secondment opportunities to work in our international offices.
- Life assurance.
- Up to 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.