Senior Java Developer, Manchester
Location - Manchester city centre
Senior Java Developer
We are recruiting for a Senior Java developer to join our growing, fast paced and innovative company. You will be joining our Development Team who support and develop our business-critical CRM web application.
We currently have a team of over 10 Java developers divided between our Head Office in Crewe and our Technology Centre in Manchester City Centre. You will be working in a team of Java developers that have a range of skills and experience. All developers are passionate about delivering best practice applications and work closely together to achieve their goals.
The key skills for this role are an excellent core knowledge of Java, an ability to learn new skills and to work on a variety of different projects or tasks within a supportive team.
- Core Java (Java 8 and beyond).
Desirable skills (any of the following are advantageous):
- Experience with Spring Framework (Spring Boot, MVC and Security).
- Exposure to database technologies – SQL, Hibernate and Oracle/Postgres.
- Experience developing SOAP and REST webservices.
- Knowledge of unit testing, using JUnit/TestNG and JMockit frameworks.
- Familiarity with web design, CSS, HTML and JSPs.
- Experience using Maven and Git.
- Experience with developing Tomcat web applications and/or Spring Boot.
- Develop using IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Typical work activities:
- Work on varied and interesting project work – both on existing or new applications.
- Deliver system improvements, small development changes, new features and bug fixes.
- Full development lifecycle including code, testing, documentation and maintenance.
- Work using best practice and in a supportive team that achieves high coding standards.
- Positive attitude and a high degree of enthusiasm.
- Work equally well individually or part of a team.
- Work using development models – such as waterfall or agile.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and provide effective feedback.
- Keen to learn and develop personal skills.
Experience and skills required:
- Degree or equivalent in Computing/Software Engineering or related discipline.
What benefits do we offer?
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Life assurance.
- Annual Bonus.
- Flexible Working.
- Local and online discounts including corporate gym membership and discounted restaurants.
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with each year of service to a maximum of 25 days).
- Service Awards at 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work.